Sunday, October 18, 2009

Math Poem Reflection

I was really exasperated when I first thought about doing this activity.  I'm not a writer and the only poetry I really know is rhyming poetry.  I did some research on the types of poems that I could try and I ran into some interesting ideas.  I think it's a great idea trying to incorporate other subjects with math, and I don't think you can always please everyone with the ones you decide to use.  I think that including free writing about math does get students to actively think about what they know and are learning.  The poetry writing might allow those students who are very creative in that area to enjoy math more, or it may even help further their understanding.  I do think that it may make math more tedious for others.  I'm not too sure what I would do change or modify this exercise, maybe give a list of the types of poems you could use would make it easier for those who don't have much experience with poetry.  After I figured out how I was going to tackle this assignment I did enjoy it and the chance to do something a little different and had some fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment