Monday, September 21, 2009

Reflection of My Two Most Memorable Teachers

My most memorable high school teacher was able to convey everything she taught so clearly.  Her notes were organized, concise, and easy to understand.  When she marked assignments she never used 'x's only check marks which really created a positive atmosphere.  You could tell that she really cared about her students, she always stayed in her classroom during lunch hours to answer questions, help with homework and let students re-write or catch up on tests.  She was always positive and approachable which I appreciated because I always had trouble speaking with teachers.

My other memorable teacher was a also very friendly and approachable and willing to put in extra time to to help students out.  I was not a fan of his teaching style however.  He was a bit disorganized and a lot of times it would take me longer to figure out the lesson he was teaching us.  If you spent the extra time with him it would eventually make sense but it wasn't the clear concise teaching that my other teacher used.

I think that these two teachers have given me ideas of how i would and would not teach a class. My favourite teacher really informed me on how organization can be an important tool to my teaching practice.  This aspect of teaching really showed through in her lessons and exams.  In contrast my other instructor was not organized and I really noticed the difference when it came to understanding concepts.  I also learned that creating a positive environment and being prepared to spend extra time with students is very important and I would also carry this forward with my teaching practices as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment